AnatomikModeling is the result of 10 years of research and development with the Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery of the Rangueil University Hospital and the Thoracic Surgery Department of the Larrey Hospital in Toulouse. This collaboration lead to develop an innovative Computer-Aided Design (CAD) technology for personalized 3D implants and to develop a minimally invasive method of intervention for the placement of these implants.
AnatomikModeling keeps on researching innovative solutions to barely treated pathologies by relying on 3D technologies. In particular in the field of Maxillo-facial and Pulmonology, with the development of Customized Airways Stents.
Finally, AnatomikModeling offers to healthcare professionals 3D printing modeling of anatomical models for the preparation of complex surgeries.
Computer-aided designing (CAD)
- From hospital patient scan a 3D virtual copy of each patient’s body, each tissue being separated (bones, muscles, skin, cartilages…). These 3D reconstructions require complex mathematical algorithms for medical imaging processing.
- The implant is then virtually designed on each patient’s 3D-scanned body. Each implant is unique and perfectly fitting each patient’s anatomy. The result is controlled and refined with the direct participation of the surgeon in charge.
Manufacturing of the thoracic silicone implant
- Once the 3D model is designed, it is sent in rapid prototyping to get a perfect anatomical copy of the implant. This prototype will be used to make the casting mould.
- Our partner SEBBIN then proceeds to the final manufacturing of the implant according to the ISO standards in force.
- The implants are made in NuSil medical polymerised silicone also called silicone rubber and not as a silicone gel as it is the case for breast implants. There is therefore no risk of implant rupture or appearance of retractile fibrous shells, the implants are placed for life.
1993: Development of the first silicone implant from a plaster mould of the thorax at the Toulouse University Hospital and the first surgery on a sunken chest using a custom‑made implant.
2008: First implant made from a computerised reconstruction of the thorax as part of a medical thesis completed at the Toulouse University Hospital.
2010: Start of the collaboration between IMA Solutions and Pr Chavoin to optimise computer‑aided design of custom‑made implants. Sebbin Laboratory in charge of manufacturing these implants.
2011: Already 200 implants placed. New reference thesis on the funnel chest comparing techniques (Lasserre Prize award).
2013: Managing prototypes using machining CAD images
2015: Creation of AnatomikModeling, specialising in custom‑made implants for chest deformity, Poland Syndrome and muscle deficiency. Deployment of the surgical technique in Europe through a network of referral surgeons
2016: World premiere of the placement of a custom-made tracheobronchial stent at Toulouse University Hospital
2020 : Collaboration with the Novatech Laboratory for the manufacturing and distribution of the Customized Airways Stents